Thursday, May 21, 2009

We did it!!!












We planted all the flowers! In the back yard, we had to clear away some grass to make our flower bed bigger. We have two pampas grass plants, some white vinca, dahlia's, gazanias, snap dragons, and more. A few of the snap dragons look a bit wilted but hopefully with some good watering they will look better. Brian's job was to clear the spot, which turned out to be quite a dirty task, and my job was to plant the plants.

As you can see in the photos below, there is still some work to be done. There are lots of weeds by the fence that need pulled, and we need to put down some mulch.

I have some planters on the front porch, and I decided to plant some wave petunias in them this year. They are looking good so far. I have also included some pictures of my house plants. My spider plant had a baby, and my aloe plant has been revived. Maggie watched us plant the flowers, and Penny tried to help. She's been really good about staying out of the new flower bed!

There were some plants sprouting in the back yard last year that Brian usually just mowed over, but this year we let them grow and discovered that they are peonies! They are blooming now, and look very pretty! I'm glad we let them grow this time.

It was so nice to spend the day outside. One of my favorite things to do when I was growing up was to help Mom plant her flowers. I look forward to Maggie helping me someday! I can't get enough of this beautiful weather. I am really loving our porch this week! I could just sit out there and listen to the birds all day. It would be better if there weren't noisy cars driving by 24/7.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun!! I'll hafta stop by sometime and check out all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete